Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Just-For-Fun Gift

I am a gift lover. Gift giving and receiving are high on my love language profile. My husband, on the other hand, is more of a "quality time" kind of guy. Over the years he has learned how to sneak me little gifts to show me his love in a practical way.....or something like that. Anything from a coffee to a pack of gum to flowers -- it all rocks my world and I get warm fuzzies when he thinks of me.

My most recent for-no-reason-except-I-love-you-and-know-you'll-love-this gift was a rather large book. By large, I mean it looks like the Bibles that sit up front of those fancy churches for decoration only and it weighs almost as much as Jackson's backpack. It's not the kind of book that I would lug into the prayer room, but it is the coolest book ever! A project by Bishop James Ussher first published in 1658, "The Annals of the World" is the perfect complement to any Bible story. It covers historical happenings from the beginning of the world to 70 BC. I sit at the end of a long day, peruse the pages of history and get completely jazzed inside. I love how it fills in the blanks for me to see what was happening in, say, Egypt at the same time Nebuchadnezzar was invading Jerusalem. Very cool.

Check it out. And let the good times roll!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

And what I love about you, is the passion that I see in your eyes when you share something that gets you "completely jazzed inside!"

I gotta start thinking of another present soon!