Sunday, February 04, 2007

No More Ditch Digging

There are times in life when it seems the river of God catches you in it's current and you are swept into the activity of the Lord Himself. I love it when this happens. In fact, I have done life and work in the river and out of it and I am quite fond of being carried by the water.

It's the difference between thinking something up then praying, "Please bless what I am doing" and not having a clue but looking to God and saying, "Oh, God, please let me do what you are blessing". It's the difference between standing in the current of the river or digging a ditch on the edge of the water. I have dug enough ditches in my life and I don't want to go back.

We are finding ourselves lately in a surprising flurry of activity originated by God; things that we would have never thought up ourselves, but have received heavenly invitation to participate in. These invitations were not expected and have disrupted my goals for 2007, but I find my heart skipping beats when I think of what is ahead.

As the new year began and I started to make plans, I felt a strange resistance from the Lord and the plans of my heart fell flat. In God's mercy He resisted me, knowing that He had chosen me for such a time as this - for plans much greater than I would ever dream - if I would only yield to the resistance and ask Him, "What are You doing?" He is so good to us.

I am blessed. Blessed to not have to dig a ditch, but to be invited into the river of His activity. And so are you! Take a step back and ask God to show you what He is blessing. Then watch your mailbox for that heavenly invitation. He sends an answer the very minute you ask!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are missed in the good ol' Zinzinnati. love to you my sister, my friend, di