Saturday, January 20, 2007

Tonight we closed a chapter in our home improvement adventures, although the journey is far from over. It has been a fun vacation. Partly because I love getting grit under my nails and playing Mrs. Fixit. Mostly it's because I love my family and no matter where we are or what we are doing, things are always better when we are together!

When Randy and I first got married, we decided our goal would be to work side by side the rest of our lives. Those seasons have come, gone and will probably come around again. I covet those times working with my hubby-friend -- even if we do look at each other through the drywall dust!

Watching our kids observe the transformation of the house has been a bit comical as well. Zion has been eye-ing the hall bathroom the last several days, probably waiting to see if anything beautiful could emerge from the ashes. Tonight he paid us the biggest compliment of all. As we added the finishing touches, I asked him to come see the new bathroom.

He had a half grin on his face and I said, "Well, do you like it?"

He replied, "Yeah! It looks like a sample. 'Cept it has running water!"

In that moment he was so entirely cute I could've just squished him with hugs. A "sample"? Ha! He meant a "model home" or a "display" like they have at Home Depot. Wow! Now if we can only keep it that way! Something tells me with 3 boys and a baby girl, it might not look like a sample for long, so here's some pics..............








9 comments:

Jenny Powell said...

Beautiful! Definitely looks like a sample! :)

Kristi Walsh said...

Oh, wow! Okay, if we ever get a house of our own here, you're hired. On the spot. Airfares included. No questions asked.

By the way, what color paint is that? Stunning, Kels, absolutely stunning!

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Kristi - I'm there!

And the color is "Firewood", in the Terra Cotta family ; )

Randy Bohlender said...

I think I went to school with Terra Cotta. I always get her mixed up with her sister, Rocca.

Tracie said...

Bravisimo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Z. It does look like a sample! You have a decorators eye.
Did the Kilz work for you?

Anonymous said...

Definitely a job well done - beautiful!! What kind of review do you give the countertop paint? It looks great from here! Did it go on well? Any pointers?

Ronni Hall said...

Hey that is the color of my living room! Not kidding! Love that color.... people always look at me odd when they walk in but then they tend to like it... ;)

And it is BEAUTIFUL!

Want to finish my bathroom? LOL

Anonymous said...

VERY Beautiful! You did a great job!