Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kelsey the First Lady?


I just don't think that will work.

I am not the First Lady type. Being an "ENFJ" doesn't mix well with being quiet and hospitable for international diplomatic guests. Of course, the campaign slogan IS "Together we can make a mess!", so perhaps I am perfect for the job. K.J., we have a lot of work to do, girl!

Actually I used to half-dream about being President someday. Mostly because people told me I could. They told me I could go to the moon too, but I am pretty sure that won't happen in this lifetime. The closest thing I got to the White House was being elected Student Council President my senior year running against the guy I was dating, the incumbent. Kind of made the relationship awkward for awhile.

My real dream was to be the first woman chaplain to the U.S. Senate. I carried a couple of Richard Halverson's books in my backpack and would pull out "We The People" and pray the prayers he prayed for the nation. I believe that the place of intercession that the Lord has given me is, in part, a fulfillment to that dream. God moves at the sound of my voice and the government of Jesus moves forward as we pray. It's His brilliant administration. And, no matter what Hillary Clinton says, I can bake cookies with my kids and change the world at the same time.

I still dream that dream about the Senate. It may not look like I imagined when I was 17, but somehow I believe I will have influence on the government of this nation and perhaps even many others. Maybe I will stand before Senators, Congressmen and Presidents to prophesy. I'm open to that. That's why my nose ring disappeared. But maybe I will be most effective in that unusual place called the Prayer Room. Many would call it wasting a life. I call it an investment for the future.

Come join us -- together we can make a mess!

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Kels,
you had a nose ring sister. something i always wanted but never had the nerve to do!
then I just seemed to old for such things.

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Yep, I sported a nose ring for a year or so. Randy and I went on a date one night to the Belton Tattoo Parlor and the rest is history. I took it out right before we moved back here from D.C. I wonder if I could still get a ring in the hole??

Randy Bohlender said...

Dare ya.

I always liked it...

Anonymous said...

I had one too. It was a friend and I did it ourselves when she was spending the night one night. I always liked it but took it out for somem school function.

You should do it. You're hip!