Tuesday, January 16, 2007

RANDOM BLOGGING

A few thoughts worth recording......

1) Quote for the day at the Bohlender house

"Hey, Jackson, can I tie you to the couch?" (Zion, after finding his prized cowboy rope)

2) Things always take longer than you plan on. If you think you can do a project with one trip to Home Depot, it will take four.

3) Tim Cone will be 21 tomorrow. He was 9 a minute ago and shorter than Randy. I have photos to prove it.

4) Our next house will be brand new. It might be small, but it will be new. Trust me. We have learned our lesson well.

5) The new thing around here is playing Bible Playmobil. Overheard in tonight's round -- "Let's play Paul and Silas" and "Hey, you forgot the angels!"

6) I can cook, clean, paint, change diapers, make bottles, lay tile, give meds and still have a life in God! I am loving life.

7) I love Cincinnati. I don't think we will ever live there again, but I love that city. Driving around Stanley, Kansas (south Overland Park) made me think of home. I smiled alot and got warm fuzzies....and a sudden craving for a 5-way.

10 comments:

Randy Bohlender said...

1) I thought I hid that rope better than that.
2) We had to go to TWO Home Depots.
3) Tim was shorter than me? When?
4) Amen and Amen.
5) I suggested they do the plagues and they told me "We don't have the set to do the plagues." Apparently that's a different playmobil set - the Affliction Edition.
6) You know it, Toots.
7) I miss Baba Buddans.

Kristi Walsh said...

I get cravings for a good 5-way, too, Kels. Can empathize with you on that one. :-)

Tracie said...

Can I still be your friend if I have to ask what a "5-way" is!

Tracie said...

Ok, so no response! I had to do a quick search but I now know what a 5-way is, some kind of funky chili dish, eh?

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Tracie - I have been away all day!

A 5-Way is an almost divine dish. You start with soggy spaghetti and add Cincinnati chili (very important detail) then red beans, onions and a mound of finely shredded cheddar cheese on top. Served up with oyster crackers is the way to go.

But judging on how well I did in suggesting Chik-Fil-A, you won't be having a 5-Way anytime soon!

Tracie said...

Must be a "cultural" thing! I'm struggling to get past the combo of spaghetti and chili.... I could handle the whole combo minus the pasta I think! Sorry!

Randy Bohlender said...

Don't forget to make it skyway...

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Oh, yeah - bring on the skyway, baby!

Anonymous said...

it is good--I saw it recommended in a Cincinnati travel book as a favorite cusine before I visited--I skipped the onions :) though if I was entirely on my own and not attending meetings I'd have gone for all (though I did list the ingredients rather than say the traditional name)--same book told me about Graeter's blackberry ice cream--yum!

Have a nice day
John Paul

Ronni Hall said...

You know I've lived here 7 years and I still can't get used to the taste of cinci style chili...

I live right down the street from one... too bad there is no way to overnight a 5 way... lolol