Friday, January 12, 2007

Revelation of Revelation

I am fascinated by the book of Revelation. I never cease to be amazed at how the Lord is going to give ultimate expression of love and justice via His end time judgments, the overcoming church and the enthroning of His Son in Jerusalem. It is mind boggling and yet it makes my spirit soar.

I stole a few minutes today to read a few chapters in this most excellent book today, in between paint, epoxy and joint compound. What struck me in the gut was the very realness (made up word -- "reality" is overused here) that there are going to be those who really say NO to antiChrist with boldness and YES to Jesus with passion!! I am raising those in my own home.....oh, God. What does the church look like when she goes low enough to serve and yet is bold enough to resist? Have we seen anything like this in human history? My heart was so incredible warmed this morning, trying to grasp what will be the personality of this group of radical, passionate lovers of God who live on the earth during the last days of time and space and choose death over comfort. To those are given a white robe and a place under the altar of God in heaven.

"Just a little while longer......" He tells them.

Now I am in a quandry -- do I want to be martyred so I get a white robe and a place of intercession under the altar OR do I want to be alive and have a front row seat for His return??? Not that I really have a choice, but it's such a toss up to even think about.


No comments: