Friday, January 05, 2007

Fight for your Right to P-A-R-T-Y

I love IHOP parties. We eat, we laugh and mostly everyone is laid back and having a good time. Tonight was no exception - a surprise party for Seth Parks' 30th birthday - and the cast of characters was quite colorful. Among the famed party-goers.....

New parents with that sleep deprived look in their eyes, Peter and Elizabeth Herder, sporting the Moses basket and other baby apparatuses (obviously the first child).

The lovely J
ennifer Roberts - always the life of the party!

Marcus and Rachel Meier who will be forever young and hip. I just LOVE these guys! Godly, great parents and just plain fun.

Matt the postman. I don't know this guy, but he was hilarious.

Party hostess, Jesse DeMiers, mother of four, keeper of a beautiful home AND a constitutional law student this semester - how does she do it and look gorgeous all the time?!

Jack Hill - one of my favorite people that I seriously wish we knew better.

Party animal himself, Seth Parks. Quote from the man of the hour, responding to the fact that he turns 30 tomorrow, "Tonight is a night to make memories."

There were many more who came and went and I enjoyed many wonderful conversations over a huge Italian feast (complete with homemade biscotti -- Erin outdid herself!). I love these kinds of gatherings because it displays the diversity and beauty of our community. It gives people a chance to communicate with phrases other than, "Let's go to C minor" or "Brent will start this time of rapid fire and Terri will cut it off".

As we left the party tonight, we walked down the damp sidewalk in the chill of the night, but somehow I was warmed in my heart for the couple hours we had with all these precious ones. I said to Randy, "We should do this more often". And we should!


5 comments:

Kristi Walsh said...

oh, wow. Now that's a good way to get me homesick! :-) Sounds like "heaps" of fun (as they would say down here). Oh, how I love our family, and wish I could be there to join in the fun, too. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I was supposed to go but couldn't make it! argh1 I'm glad you had a great time! I love Seth!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I missed a lot. I'm bummed I wasn't able to go. Thanks for the post Kels.

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Kristi -- you guys came up in conversation as Luke was talking about his trek to the other side of the universe. We love you and miss you at these things!!

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Zack and Shawn -- you guys would've rocked the party, no doubt, and I can only imagine you would've made the list of famous party-goers. Hopefully you'll make the next one!

(Randy turns 40 next year, so maybe you can talk him into a big shin-dig. He's an introvert at heart, so parties kind of wear him out.)