Thursday, December 21, 2006

If you see me crying.....

If you see me crying in the prayer room, please don't comfort me.

I seem to be a fountain when my heart burns. When I encounter the Word in a fresh way or if Holy Spirit whispers to me, my response is usually tears. When I DON'T encounter the Word or when I feel Holy Spirit is far away, I cry. I am OK. Don't console me. Don't try to make me stop. I don't want to stop. I am alive when this happens. Really.

I have had all kinds of people stop and ask, "Are you OK?" or offer to pray away my pain. The other day a little girl asked, "Can I pray for you Mrs. Bohlender". She was so sweet, but I wanted her to know this was a good thing, not bad.

"Blessed are those who mourn (long, cry out) for they will be comforted (and not by this world)."

I know that God holds my tears in a bottle and some amazing day He will pop the cork and pour out His own response to the cries of my heart.

Until then, let me cry. Let me mourn for the lack and the gap. Let me feel God to the extent a human can feel Him. And if there are tears in the process, count it all good.

JUST DON'T COMFORT ME.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Tracie said...

AMEN, Cry on dear friend!

christa said...

Thank you for posting that! I, sometimes cry ALOT during the day and have a hard time explaining to my co-workers why. It is a wonderful connection to Heavenly Father that i adore and wouldn't change for anything!

Anonymous said...

Oh, i think many that read this will say Amen. Especially when you are a mom and you only get a few hours here and there, these tears are life to your spirit... Oh i relate my friend!!

Anonymous said...

yes yes yes!

i always feel like the little leper int he corner...but i am delighting, and my heart igniting similarly! awesome! cry on!

jillian edington

Anonymous said...

Augustine wrote in "Confessions, "The tears streamed down, and I let them flow as freely as they would, making of them a pillow for my heart. On them it rested."

I appreciate you! Tears and all.