Thursday, October 12, 2006

The last couple days have been filled with diapers, bottles and downright exhaustion! I have to keep reminding myself I am not 22 anymore! That's how old I was when we brought Jackson home from the hospital, stuck his carseat on the coffee table and said, "Huh, what do we DO with him?". We've learned alot since those days, but are a few years older, so the wisdom is balancing our age.

Zoe is doing great!! She has decided she likes to sleep in the dresser drawer stuffed with the changing table pad I got from Babies-R-Us. She eats and goes right back to sleep at night -- we really have no complaints.

I just long to be HOME. I miss sharing these moments with our boys, Gramma and all the friends waiting for us. Las Vegas is not my choice of a town to spend a couple weeks alone in. I keep steady by remembering we have come to this city in the middle of the desert to rescue one saved from death. And God let us begin peering into His plan for this 5 years ago by a simple dream. Truly, there is a God who is concerned for humanity and knows us from the matrix of our mother's womb. He has fashioned our lives for this very moment. Astounding. What kind of God is this???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am SO excited for you guys! and i LOVE LOVE the name zoe!! life. i said i wanted to name a child zoe renay. im am exicited for your whole family and 4 the great parents miss little zoe has! i forgot your e-mail address.

Marci Lewellen said...

i am so glad you are home! We have beautiful baby girls that I am sure are going to be great friends :)