Thursday, October 12, 2006

I LOVE MY TOES!

I was just saying the only thing I wanted to do for myself while I was here in Vegas was to get a pedicure. It seemed like the girl thing to do and being that I have never had a pedicure, what a way to celebrate! Sean and Danielle came to visit and spoil us on Sunday and after a trip to the never-ending-feast-on-a-beast buffet at the Mandalay Bay (where there was steak, salmon, lobster and chocolate dipped strawberries for brunch!), Danie surprised me with a trip to the spa at this luxurious resort. Ahh, I have happy feet! And my toes are still pretty 4 days later.

In between baby feedings at the hospital, we managed to fit in quite the day with our friends, the soon to be Happy Henry's (wedding date, 10/28). After brunch and pedicure, we strolled the strip in search of quality, wholesome activites. About the only thing we found was Venetian mall with the basics - Kate Spade, Giorgio Armani and Godiva. We ate fancy mexican (who knew such a thing existed?) as a gondola floated by in the inside canal. We took a taxi a couple blocks down to Belagio where we watched a spectacular water and light show. I was skeptical, but it realy was amazing! After that it ws dark and time to get back to the baby, but only after a stop to the gelato bar inside Caesar's Palace. That place is so weird. Where else can you find millionaires in fancy dress alongside a man in a Winnie the Pooh suit sipping a margharita in a wheelchair?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Side note: No one but Kelsey saw the Winnie the Pooh in the wheelchair, so let the reader determine who had the margarita and how many. Selah.

P said...

Ummm I think I saw him right after the guy in the piglet suit. Thats how I realized there was a theme.

does that make me a) crazy too, or b) Kelsey more believable

Let the thinker read, and the hungry eat! OLE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Who knows what Kelsey had. I don't think I've ever heard her laugh so much! :)