Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Things I learned today....

1) On fasting days I cry 10 times easier. I once told my interns in DC that I try to cry at least once a day because it is cleansing - for real. I find that Tuesdays are a stream of tears. Today I was weepy all day - my eyes still have that stinging feeling on them. I cried for Israel, for the church and for revival. I even cried real tears because I was hungry. Duh!

2) I want to know Jesus now so He's not a stranger to me when He returns. Do you ever think, wow, I don't even know Him?! This made me cry too. So I am in pursuit of knowing this man that I will spend eternity with. I have to know Him NOW, whatever the cost.

3) Drywalling and painting 14 hours straight makes me ache the next day.

4) Melchizedek was one mysterious dude. Almost as cool as Enoch.

Hope to learn more tomorrow......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember doing a 21 day fast a few months back...(partial)... week two I was so crabby hubby begged me to stop the fast... only raw veggies and water... I'll tell you... weepiness coincides with lack of carbs...

Anonymous said...

Kelsey, you inspire me. I haven't even touched the surface of how DEEP He desires for me to go...I'm so NOT there but desire so much to be there...consumed by Him...knowing Him...sitting at His feet and knowing nothing else. My heart aches for that. Thank you friend. Even though Troy and I don't speak with you very often you are in our hearts and we appreciate your wisdom. Thanks so much! Praying for all that is needed for the adoption process! Love you much! Shawna

Anonymous said...

If only I could get my hands on you. :-)

Mojo said...

Love your blogs...just stumbled upon them! Hope to check in again soon!

mojo - N. Ireland

http://www.mojo-place.blogspot.com/

Mojo said...

Love your blog!
From Mojo - N. Ireland

http://www.mojo-place.blogspot.com/