Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I've been a little busy the last week planning a big party for 100 of our closest friends. It ended up being 130+ and all I can say is WOW!! I am absolutely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and friendship offered by our community and beyond. Tonight was a profound event in our family history -- and in the life of a little girl not even born yet. God is zealous over her, we can feel it. Wherever she is, He is prophesying "LIVE, LIVE!" through prayers and parties and angelic activity. She has captured His heart and we feel a holiness in being chosen to raise her in our home.

Savannah Zoe -- "from a barren field" and "life". It's the adoption story of Israel in Ezekiel 16 and it's the name God spoke to me in a dream over 5 years ago. Who knew she would come like this? With such fanfare in heaven and on earth?

Tonight was beautiful. I feel like I should cry - I am so stunned, I think I am just in shock. We have never had something come so easily in all our lives. This whole process has the signature of the Holy Living God all over it. There is no mistake - this is not our handiwork - we are just a framework that He is somehow working through. What an amazing gift to be allowed the honor of partnering with God in His plan for turning the hearts of the fathers to the children. And He is recruiting such partnership so that He will not strike the land with a curse. "There's something bigger going on -- there's someone bigger than me."

I am exhausted, yet exhillerated. I am giddy with excitement, yet full of holy fear. God loves Zoe......come home little girl, come home.

7 comments:

P said...

IM SO JEALOUS!!!!! I WISH I could have been there. I love this.

Im serious, I think this should be qa monthly thing in your community. I think you will see miracles of finances and such. If I ever get the chance, Im going to enter a multi course meal in one of your auctions, and come out there and cook it myself.

Everyone here cannot wait to get out there and hold that baby whenever she gets home. There is going ot be a lot of arm wrestling for snuggle time with that one!! Good thing Im bigger than all of you.

Anonymous said...

The dinner was a blast. You guys did such a great job. It's not easy to raise support in the midst of a support raising community. Anna and I were proud to be a part of this thing with you guys.

On a side note, how did you post this at 9:40pm? Wern't you at the party?...

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Kim - A GIRL!!! Can you believe it??

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Shawn - ooops! Had my settings on Pacific Time. Fixed it- thanks!

Randy Bohlender said...

I thought she was using her ninja time-shifting powers. I saw her do that once to get a turkey finished on Thanksgiving.

Liz said...

Ok, Kelsey. I'm crying now - are you happy?! You are truly forerunners. God will raise up many like you to adopt and parent the "unwanted." There really is a swirl over this Spirit of Elijah (spirit of adoption). Billy has been gripped with it and it is prevalent in many prayers in the House. You and Randy are a sign and a wonder to this generation.

More tears....

Anonymous said...

Mom has time shifting powers? Shes a Ninja? Wait, howcome she doesnt were black or live in Japan or somthin'?