Friday, July 21, 2006

Blessed are they who finish drywall here....

....for in the millennium they won't have to! I think that might be the amplified version, not sure. But it's the verse I keep meditating on stroke after glorious stroke of the putty knife. I am counting on being the actual foreman rather than the drywall finisher as we restore the earth. Even better if Jesus has something better than drywall goop. I'm thinking He might.

I am becoming a tool snob. The metal, expensive putty knives are soooooo much better than the plastic cheapos. And I covet a DeWault over Ryobi (I know I'm not supposed to covet, but when I see yellow and black at Home Depot, I salivate!). If I continue on this road toward a drywall career, I might even get my own metal tub for my goop. Aaaahhhhhh. I can feel the envy.

So the next big project, after Randy scrapes all the carpet glue off the concrete, will be to stain the concrete and seal it. Once again, the professionals charge an arm and a leg and since we don't have an extra limb right now, I am going back to the books (or DVD as it might be). Yes, folks, I am on my way to being a certified conrete stainer. You would be surprised how much there is to know about this stuff. I guess that's whyt the guy wanted more than it would cost to lay carpet tjust to paint the floor. I figure if this project turns out well, I can take a class and get my masters in concrete stamping. That would be the bomb!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh you just wait until you pick up your first Carbon Fiber tool.....

....you will have to be delivered....

*G*

Anonymous said...

Sign me up coach. I'll be the first apprentice. Learning something cool like that. We were in the laminate business last night at Eric's parent's house. BTW, I sent you a picture email. I think I may have found a tribe closely related to the Uri tribe.

Anonymous said...

Give me a ring when you become a professional concrete stainer. That is exactly what we are talking about doing in our basement!

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Ronni -- carbon fiber?? I thought that was something I could get at Whole Foods to help with, uh, you know.

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Kari -- saw the pic and we LAUGHED!! Have a blast in Nebraska!! Can't wait to get together when you get back.

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Gayle.

WAHOO! My first contract! Your basement is perfect because we could do an acid stain. The newer concrete is great because of the lime content and the acid makes cool effects. Sounds fun!

Randy Bohlender said...

Gayle - heads up. Ask her how many times she's done an acid stain...

I love my wife. She thinks that if you follow the instructions, you can do anything.

Anonymous said...

Kelsey, something tells me its not soluble..... LOL

*passes the raisin bran*

Marci Lewellen said...

you and my mom really need to talk... you both have the same "coveting issues"... :)