Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Combo post

I haven't fallen off the blog bandwagon, contrary to popular belief. The busy switch on my life has been turned up a notch (much to my dismay!). It's been a week of drywall (ugh), getting the boys ready for school (choosing classes, books and stuff), finalizing adoption paperwork, etc. Who scheduled all this stuff at the same time anyway??

So this will be a 2-for-1 post, a combo if you will. A little of my life drama and some of my heart's cry.

My boys are a joy! They make me laugh so much! Zion has decided he is just too big to kiss me on the cheek in front of people. He's been so funny about it. Our routine is that I will say something like, "Look what my cheek is missing.." and he will respond with a prompt smooch. Yesterday when asked on cue, he almost kissed me then turned away and giggled. Then said, "There's nothing missing at all. Your cheek is fine." More giggles. I thought the day would never come, but alas, he is big now. Maybe he will take lessons from big bro Jacksonian who still hugs me at 13. A sign and a wonder my friends!

Grayson woke up this morning and said, "Mom, I want you to look at this, " pointing to his legs, "I am an all you can eat chigger buffet!" What a kid! He goes back to day camp today with his friend Joshua, our favorite Brit. It's funny listening to the two of them argue about whose accent is weirder.

So, did you know how expensive it is tohave your concrete finished by a professional?? Our quote was $4/sf and at roughly 1,500 sf that is....well, you can do the math....more than we can afford! Never fear, there is always a solution! I found a seminar this weekend that I can go to and learn how to do this stuff myself. I think it's designed for people already in the business, but I talked my way in. The guy said, "So do you want to start your own business?" I told him, "No, I want to learn how to do concrete overlay in my basement". Guy: "Well, uh, what do you do now?" Me: "I'm a stay-at-home mom" (I should have said SUPERmom, but I didn't want to intimidate him.) Guy: "Well, ok, there are still some openings". I love making people scratch their heads!

The Joel 2 thing will not leave me. I had a dream - that will have to be a different post, gotta take kiddos to day camp. Suffice it to say that it is TIME for solemn assemblies. Lou announced that the first (re-born) Call will be next June in Nashville. My spirit says "not soon enough". I believe God is issuing an invitation for fasting and prayer because he wants to RELENT. I know that 10 months out is not really that long when it comes to planning, logistics, connections, marketing. Randy said the only way it could happen faster is if the nation was in a crisis. What a dilemma. Pray and fast before or pray and fast after. I guess we get to choose......

More later.....gotta run pick up the Brit!

1 comment:

javamamma said...

been reading your post for several weeks now. i'm a pal of kari's. i appreciate you being deep in God-stuff, yet a super-mom too. awesome!