Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Don't faint. This is an actual blog post. I know, you all thought I disappeared. I have not. I have been in an educational period, enrolled in the school of kids and life and a few other surprises. I can't promise a daily or weekly blog post. But over the last year and a half, there have been many written on my heart. The next post will be one of those lessons learned from spending time with four children under the age of 3. A good rule of thumb is that anything you plan will always take 4x longer than you think and some things truly are impossible. Being the eternal optimist, this has been a hard rule to accept, but I am coming to the realization that I will NEVER get everything done that's on my to-do list. There will always be a bathroom that needs cleaned, a wall that needs painted, something I forgot at Target, someone who needs a ride, an email that needs answered...you get the picture. Times seven....and all their friends. So, as much as I have had it in me to write, well, I didn't get that far down on my list until now. And only now because I didn't clean the kitchen or paint that wall tonight.

So the next post will be about my day and what I learned. In the natural, it doesn't look like I got much checked off my list, but in the spirit, much was accomplished and that's what keeps me going, day by day.

No comments: