Thursday, May 10, 2007

Taking Mom to the Prom???

I don't know whether to be flattered or repulsed. Jackson and I were recently in a department store where I was frantically trying on dresses for the next big IHOP social event. The Misses section was definitely too frumpy, so I opted to try out Juniors. As Jackson is waiting patiently outside the fitting room for dear old mom, I hear the sales clerk start a conversation with him...

"So, is it for the prom?"

"Uh, no, a friend of mine is getting married."

"Oh, because those are prom dresses she is trying on."

I laughed so hard I nearly soiled myself. Did this woman actually believe I was dating my son?? I know that Nicole Miller Eye Cream is great, but cmon, I'm no spring chicken anymore.

Needless to say, I was more than aware of our previous outing when we went on a true mother-son date last night. We discovered a new Bohlender favorite -- PeiWei Asian Diner, the Chipotle of Oriental cuisine -- hip, cheap and yummy. Most definitely a rival of the Sliker's fav BoLing's. We then trotted over to the 'pot (that's Home Depot for those of you not familiar with language in the slopes) to pick up a few last minute items for a project or two around ye ole Bohlender Casa.

No one looked twice at the two of us last night. Whew. Perhaps it was because I wasn't wearing my prom dress. Or maybe I forgot my eye cream. Either way, it was good.

Oh, and I wore a borrowed dress to the fashionable event. Give a clap for Tracie Loux -- how fun is it to raid the closet of a friend who is so doggone cute?!?!! I recommend her jewelry box too......just don't ask where she gets it all. You would never believe her anyway.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Kels,
You're blogging, I quit checking a while back, but noticed your hubby decided to Link You again, so I says to myself, "the girl must be blogging", what fun for me, especially since we may really never see each other again until the girls are two, really I hope not. (Run-on sentence intentional to emphasize my excitement!)

Anyway, I think I need a pic of you in that cute green dress! The jewelry, well, we'll leave them all wondering about my too strange to speak secret!

Kimmie said...

Very fun- all the way around...prom dress, food night, borrowing stuff from your cute friend.

Hmm, makes me want to dress up and go out!

thanks for sharing your family

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted