Monday, November 06, 2006

Susanna Wesley had HELP for crying out loud!

I have always held Susanna Wesley in high regards, and rightly so. Her sons Charles and John were great heroes of the faith and undoubtedly would not have attained such stature without the influence of their godly mother. I am always tempted to compare myself to women like this. Today, as I began to read Jackson's biography on John Wesley, I wasn't sure whether to be angry or relieved to find out that Susanna Wesley was not able to care for her home, husband and 9 living children singlehandedly -- she had servants!! On one hand I wanted to cry "no fair!" and appeal to God for a do-over. On the other hand I thought, "Well then, I don't feel quite so bad for the mound of laundry and that my kids have eaten more Papa John's since Zoe's been home than they have collectively all year long". Perhaps this is the missing link for IHOP moms - SERVANTS! Aha! I think I may have an idea for some of those folks needing adminstrative hours on their Sacred Trust.......(smile)

No comments: