Tuesday, October 24, 2006

We spent the evening with the Pennsylvania Loux's (not to be confused with the Indianapolis Loux's, who are equally cool and fun) and as always, had a blast. Tracie is a kindred spirit - she enjoys good coffee and a good thrift store almost as much as I do; John and Randy are way scary when they start reminiscing 80's style; the younger chitlins play as if they have known each other all their lives; and Jackson and Nick disappear for periods of time and come up muttering about various technologival discoveries they have made.

We told Zoe's story again, as we do whenever a live human being will listen. As dessert was being served, John had the quote of the night....."So, Kelsey, are you pretty much just working from home now?" The burst of laughter that bubbled from my gut surprised me as much as anyone in the room. I giggled hysterically and said, "Yeah, I pretty much do work from home". I laughed so hard I thought I might wet my pants right there on the good furniture! I guess it just struck me as funny because I had just been talking to the Lord (and Randy!) about how little I will get to the prayer room now and just exactly what will I DO at IHOP? Ha! I'm glad I laughed because it made me say out loud - my prayers on the wall count even from a couple of miles away from the "sacred room". My words still move the God of heaven and He dispatches angelic warriors to drive back darkness when I cry out from the nursery or from under mounds of laundry. I can hear the Word of the Lord for myself or for the nation as I set myself before Him in the prayer room or at my dining room table. It all works and it all counts.

So there ya go.....Kelsey's home business. The pay isn't great on this side, but in the age to come I get to be a pillar in the temple and I never have to leave. Wahoo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THe hand that rocks the cradle shall rule the world...through governmental intercession with her King...How sacredly blessed are we!

Jerry James said...

Think again.
The pay IS great.

Anonymous said...

I want to print that and frame it for every mom in the prayer movement. Well said Kelsey!

Tracie said...

Judson Cornwall once said, "MOMS, there is a season when the greatest act of worship you can present to the Lord is caring for your children. It rises as sweet incense to him." Well, that may not be an exact quote, but it impacted my life forever!
Laundry is worship!
And making dinner with a heart of love, is Intercession!
Taking time out to cuddle a little, causes the Father to rejoice over you with singing!