Monday, July 10, 2006

REAL CONVERSATIONS FROM MY DAY

Hubby: I just talked to Home Depot and they said the soonest they can install the cabinets is August 31.

Me: WHAT?!?!?!! (I feel completely unsanctified toward the Home Depot Customer Service department).
________

(At the pediatrician's office)

Doc (to Jackson): So, do you feel alright?

Zion and Grayson: YES!

Me: Sshh - let him talk.

Doc: Does your throat hurt?

ZIon and Grayson: YES!

Me: I said, let your brother talk!

Doc: So, mom, any concerns?

ZIon and Grayson: YES!

Me: AAAGGH! (in my head, still smiling for the doc though)

Grayson (with the doctor watching): I feel somethin', I feel something', I feel somethin'

(The whole room looking at him)

Grayson: I feel a dance coming on! (He gets up and does a little boogie followed by the 5 year old rhythm machine)

Jackson: Where is your sense of decorum??? (with that big brother aggravation)

Doc: (laughter) Well, at least it's good to see them happy.
___________
Me (to the Old Navy cashier): I would like to return these shorts - here is my receipt.

Cashier: I'm sorry, these are ringing up of no value. You used a coupon and it was a one time coupon so I cannot give you anything of value.

Me: Even with my receipt? (I feel that familiar unsanctified feeling coming on)

Cashier: Yes, you used a coupon. I have no way to override the system. I can give you the 800 number.

Me: Yes, let's just call them from here.

Cashier: (Speaking to Old Navy Customer Service somewhere in Idaho, no doubt) Oh, here's another manager, I will ask him if he knows how to do it.

Other Manager: Sure, just do this.....(pushes a few buttons)

Cashier: Sorry about that.

Me: AAAGGGHHH! (In my head, still smiling for the camera!!!)
_______

***These were real, live conversations and the participants were not actors.*************

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your smile include an involuntary eye twitch? Mothering, while keeping your sanity, should be an Olympic event. You are definitely a gold medal contender!

Danielle said...

Wow! What an exciting day!

Jillian said...

oh yes! someone else has witness a stream of insane exchanges in recent days...so you know i'm empathetic-here's one i'm dying to share:
me to a semi-Christian 'just quit doing cocaine girl' at work:"what did you want to talk to me about?"

semi-Christian cocaine gal (Lord forgive me): "well, i've been going to Crossroads Church for a while and i think it might be a cult!"

me:"oh my goodness are you okay? what happened why do you say that?"

co-worker gal: "well, they say that they're all for equal rights and tolerance, but they're telling me homosexuality is a sin!! do you know what i think jillian? i think God doesn't make mistakes...and to prove it he made homosexuals to control the population!"

me aloud: wow.
me in my head: "oh God, i asked for moments of discipleship when i was praying for this kid didn't i...oh boy, yep i did.

P said...

There might be a lot of freelancer installers. Home depot probaly uses contractors to do it, they do all over the place. You could probably go direct, save a few $$, and get it done sooner.

Anonymous said...

*beats head on desk*

I've had months like that.....

Unsanctified.... yup I'm gonna use that....

Randy Bohlender said...

True, Sean. Unfortunately, a lot of those freelance installers are also freelance landscape technicians, freelance drywall experts, freelance electricians and freelance artists. You can't be good at everything. It's like these big box stores where they sell you motor oil and underwear. Gotta be sacrificing quaility somewhere.