Saturday, May 13, 2006

REVELATION IS BETTER THAN COLDSTONE

And I've had a taste of both today. Although, you can all be proud of me - I took my children to Coldstone, got them each a kid's size and abstained from ordering one on my own. I only dabbled a couple teaspoons in tax from each of them. However I was in turmoil when Mike was teaching tonight and I couldn't swallow everything single thing he said. I think God was showing me that is a gift - the need to wrestle with truth for myself - not to buy it all just because someone I know, trust and love speaks it (even if he is the most studied man on the planet in this subject!). I was in even greater turmoil when he read Daniel 9-10, quoting specifically how the angel came to bring him UNDERSTANDING of the prophecies in response to FASTING. Can't he just leave well enough alone? Why bring that topic up? I was just beginning to enjoy eating all I wanted when I wanted!

So now I am left with this nagging hunger for revelation along with the urgency that the unveiling of truth will be what keeps me standing in the end. I am going to fast. Grunt. Sigh. There is no other way down this path and I HAVE TO HAVE TRUTH.

The next couple days I will spend feasting (because it's Mother's Day for crying out loud!) and then I will smack a little oil on my face so no one knows the groaning in my gut. In the spirit of don't ask, don't tell, I won't say how or when I will fast. It really doesn't matter. All I know is that there is a narrow path staring me in the face and as I look behind me there is nothing worth turning back to. Anyone wanna go along?

7 comments:

Marci Lewellen said...

ouch... yes, I want to but... ouch

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Yeah, no doubt. Big ouchies. No band-aids.

Anonymous said...

So, in the spirit of wanna know, when are you fasting and how? ;)

Chuck Scott said...

by "taxes" do you mean taking a small bit and saying something like, "gotta pay you're taxes?" Funny, my children think I'm the only one!

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Oh, yes, and ice cream taxes are always higher than, say, asparagus taxes : )

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Not tellin' Kari!!

Liz said...

I can't think of a better way to say it except, "yeah, what she said!" I'm right there with you Kelsey. Almost literally, but I think you understand.

I'm about to leave to go hear Allan Hood and Corey Russell tweak my brain even more in a special e-group this evening.