Wednesday, September 03, 2008

How 'bout that Sarah?

There was no better place to be tonight than watching the RNC on the big screen with TheCall team and Lou Engle in his Pappa chair, rocking back and forth, yelling out the occasional, "It's a Civil War this year!"

Huckabee had us all cheering with his story about the desks. The Governor of Hawaii had us worried for a few minutes, but pulled it off in the end. I thought Guiliani was going to spit flames at the crowd talking about fighting terrorism. And then the Woman of the Year stole the show......

Sarah Palin, Hockey Mom of 5 from Alaska who just happened to run for the PTA and ended up in the Governor's Mansion where she quickly put the luxury jet on eBay and fired the personal chef. This is my kind of woman. She is the perfect mix of spunk and style. She also seems to live by her convictions. Staunchly pro-LIFE, Gov. Palin gave birth to a son with Down's Syndrome in April. Having hidden her pregnancy for nearly seven months, surely it would've been easy to hide an abortion. Her critics would say this child is an inconvenience, one that would be better off if he were just "taken care of quietly". Those who stand with her for LIFE cheered as this little one was lovingly held in front of the nation tonight as his mother spoke about her perfectly beautiful baby boy.

Surely it would've also been more convenient for her 17 year old daughter to "take care of her problem". Certainly better for the Governor's conservative political career, as well as for the future of this bright young woman. Yet, Sarah Palin has remarkably stood by her daughter and encouraged LIFE.

Early on in the speech, she likened herself to Harry S. Truman. Somehow, I wonder if this was prophetic.

John McCain is a smart man. Did he really know she was the trump card or was he risking it all on a hunch? I mean, he had only met the woman once before he nominated her as his running mate. Either way, he did the right thing. Sarah Palin on the ticket has injected a fervor into this campaign that won't soon be forgotten.

I think maybe her name should be Deborah......I am praying that the nation wins and God gives favor to a woman, NOT to a man named Barak.

3 comments:

Shelley Paulson said...

Wow Kelsey - what a post! And that last statement had me saying "ooooooooooh" out loud, in a room by myself. :-D

The Weaver Family said...

just happened to check your blog today & I am so glad I did. I am in full agreement! We watched last night too and were in unbelief at what we were watching. Christina & I were talking about her being a Deborah for our nation. I also wondered about Truman.

Tracie said...

We didn't the right station last night so I've been watching the clips this morning. I've seen half of Sarah's speech and cried through most of it.

I feel like the significance of all that I am seeing and hearing is bigger than my brain can process right now.