Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sundays at the Bohlenders

We have a few traditions in our house. One that may be news to you is that Randy sleeps on the "monster side" of the bed and I sleep on the "bug side". It doesn't matter that we have moved umpteen times, 'bug' and 'monster' are kind of like 'north' and 'south' - they are directional and never change.

Another tradition is weekends at the breakfast bar. I get up, make the batter for homemade pancakes (just call me Aunt Jemima) and Randy is the Griddle Man. It never changes, except for last week when I declared myself the Griddle Girl. He doesn't allow that very often, but I had a hankerin' to flip the flapjacks.

This morning, we were true to Bohlender Tradition - I whipped up the the batter, Randy provided expert flipping, Zoe got the first cake with a dusting of powdered sugar, Grayson had a stack of 4, Zion had his "tower" (several pancakes of differing sizes, stacked up and decorated with the topping of the day), Jackson only had one because of his separators (ouch! ask him about it!) and I waited till the end to enjoy 4, 5, uh maybe even 6!! They are so incredibly yummy! Randy ate and sipped java in between flips. We did what we normally do, talk, laugh, wrestle, eat.

This is from a past weekend......but it is representative of where you will find the Bohlender tribe on any given weekend morning:



No comments: