Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Today, Tuesday, February 26th (Jackson's 15th birthday by the way!), STARBUCKS will be closing ALL its stores for 3 hours beginning at 5:30 pm local time. I know this will affect the IHOP community greatly, so I wanted to be the first to let you know an offer an alternative.....



Yes, folks, it's true. According to foxnews.com, Starbucks will be re-training their baristas in the passion of making your favorite espresso beverage. They are doing this because they are concerned about you, the customer (and their falling stock).

If you are in the Kansas City area, don't worry -- Dunn Brothers will remain open (and still roasting their own beans to perfection). A little further of a drive, you can check out The Roasterie, also serving fresh roasted. In fact, after trying these, you may never go back to The 'Bucks after all!

Just for fun, what's your favorite coffee dive and drink?

6 comments:

Shelley Paulson said...

I'm a Dunn Bros. regular. I like their new Steamed Mocha Nirvana (I think that's what they call it) - it shouldn't be legal to make coffee taste that good!

Debi said...

Ya' know -- I have never even heard of Dunn Bros. :) Guess I'll have to give that a try someday here. My personal favorite is the Caramel Macchiato w/sugar-free caramel -- yum! :)

Fairing Well said...

I don't like coffee...(please don't make fun of me:) But, I love tea!! The best is Bubble Tea in Wesport in KC!! I used to go there about twice a week and when we visit in a few weeks, I will be there every other day!!

Anita and Bruce Hensley said...

latte with mexican spice at broadway cafe or hot ginger bubble tea at teadrops

Anonymous said...

I'm a Sbux barista... but i despise hot chocolates from Starbucks. All the McDonalds in New Zealand are in the process of converting to McCafes... they do decent hot chocolates. However, my alltime favourite remains the raspberry double chocolate chip frappuchino.

Debi said...

I just heard a 'rumor' in the internet world that on March 15th from 10am-noon, Starbucks will be giving FREE 12oz. cups of coffee. Hmmmm.....maybe to make up for this time of closing things down! :)

Debi