Saturday, July 14, 2007

40 Years?? C'MON!

Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of an IHOP favorite -- Chik-Fil-A. Pretty much any day except Tuesday you can be sure to find a worship team or two feasting on the white meat delicacies of this fine fast food establishment. My boys think Chik-Fil-A is one of the groups on the food pyramid. So when we were there earlier this week, enjoying the freedom on this side of the fast, you can imagine their giddiness when we read the fine print on the Anniversary Sign....

*
Come wearing a cow costume and receive a free combo meal.

They immediately began discussing the best way to make a costume.

"Well, we can get blankets and use a Sharpie to draw spots"

"Gramma can sew us some costumes"

Then I had a brainstorm -- we simply blow up latex gloves, call them udders and it's a cow costume. Brilliant.

My plan worked. We waltzed into the State Line Chik-Fil-A around 11:00 to beat the other cows in line, udders and all. The workers were so amused that they called out their whole crew to see the herd of moo-moos that had walked in. The boys just chuckled and ordered their favorite combo - upsized.

I called Randy when we left, laughing at what a great time we had and we pondered the significance of Chik-Fil-A being celebrating their 40 year anniversary on the heels of the 40 day fast for the ending of the 40 year rebellion. My hubby joked, "I say 40 nuggets for 40 years", and somewhere I think I heard the voice of Lou Engle crying, "C'MON".




2 comments:

Danielle said...

So where's the proof?

Unknown said...

Oh love it!!! I do hope you have pictures.... they have apparently caught on to the joy of Chipotle contests. :-)