Thursday, June 08, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

I got the most wonderful, frustrating gift on my birthday. I love it and hate it at the same time. It is not what I asked for but it is everything I need. I have told the Lord for quite some time what my ideal birthday party would look like and all the special things that could be wrapped up in tidy packages just for me. I was sure He would comply because I am, after all, His favorite. My birthday was Tuesday (did I mention that?) and I opened my heart and found that Holy Spirit had left His gift - the deposit of desperation on my frame. I am in agony to know Him and the depths of His character. I ache to stand in the counsel of the living God. I thought maybe He could package Himself a bit differently; maybe more American-girl-flowers-and-Hallmark style. Nope. He's God and He read between the lines of my request. He gave me what will keep me knowing my heart is still alive. The gift of longing.

It was a great and terrible birthday. (Let the reader understand.....)

4 comments:

Marci Lewellen said...

the reader understands... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm still younger than you :)

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Yeah, by what, 3 weeks? Exactly 20 days -- that's a drop in the bucket when you get to be our age! Rut ro!

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic gift! I pray it never goes away!

My bday is in two weeks.... all I want is my bathroom remodel done... LOL Riiiiight!

Okay so coldstone would be good... ;)